Friday, July 27, 2012
Here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Include a link to their blog
3. Include the award image in your post
4. Give seven random facts about yourself
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award
6. When nominating, include a link to their blog
7. Let other bloggers know they've been nominated
So here are my 7 random facts about me.
1. I hate sauces ie. ketchup, mustard, dressings (of any sort) and BBQ. I do like melted cheese though. :)
2. I'm a huge Dave Matthews Band fan. I've been to about 18-19 shows. I lost track and so upset that I never saved all my tickets.
3. My first job was a Dairy Queen.
4. I have taught Kindergarten, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th and 8th grade.Third is my favorite.
5. I am Peruvian/Ecuadorian and I speak fluent spanish.
6. I own a 2 year old Yorkie, Bailey, who really sounds like a baby crying when he whines in his cage.
7. I didn't pierce my ears until I was 27. The thought of making holes in my ears freaked me out BUT I pierced my tongue when I was 21. I'm strange I know. (PS..my tongue is no longer pierced.)
Okay on to my nominations. I'm hoping I can find 15 awesome bloggers that haven't gotten this award yet.
Teaching is Bliss
Mrs. Heeren's Happenings
Kinder's a hootFor the Love of Teaching and Crafts
Leading and ReadingMiss Fuerst Reading Adventures
Still Teaching after all these years
Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe
Okay I swear I tried but I can't find 15 bloggers that don't have this award. I'm sorry. :( But check out the ones I did find. They are pretty sweet.
Saturday, July 21, 2012
1. what state you are in: OH-IO!
2. your current teaching position: 3rd grade
3. your teaching experience:Kindergarten (2 years), 2nd grade (1 year), 3rd grade, (2 years),4th and 5th grade (2 years), 7th and 8th grade (1 year) The joys of working in an unstable, large urban district.
4. when you started blogging: Just last month. I'm having issues with making mine my own. I love stalking others though!
5. share a blogging tip / blogging resource: Right now it's just my boyfriend. I'm not giving up though! :)
Friday, July 6, 2012
Wednesday, July 4, 2012
Anyway, since I was in the A/C all day, I had time to stalk soooo many blogs todays and I'm so jealous of them. I have no idea how to make mine so pretty. A few of them discussed Whole Brain teaching and it renewed my excitement to start with that this coming up school year. My friends and I are going to the Mid-West Whole Brain conference next week. I'm so stoked that I got so many of them to go considering none of them have ever heard of it. But when I get enthusiastic about something, I really talk it up! ;)
I actually read about Whole Brain teaching like 3 years ago during one of my summer internet days and honestly, the only thing I used was the "Hands and Eyes" in my class. Oh and the "Honk, honk, good job, good buddy!" LOVE THAT! I really need to try something new with this new group of students. I really want to get them enthusiastic about learning. I hope this is the trick.
Anyway, if you want to know more about Whole Brain teaching check out some videos and their awesome website. There's so much...I get overwhelmed so I'm hoping the conference with put it all together for me. I'll let you know about it next week! :)
Whole Braining Teaching website
Monday, July 2, 2012
I am completely addicted to Pinterest and have been reading some awesome teacher blogs and they say it really helps them stay on track with teaching and I need that. I really love my job but there are times when I really need the motivation to keep teaching students that...don't be mad people...really don't have that desire to learn. Before I get attacked (and please don't...I'm super sensitive) it's not all my students and many are just a product of their environment. I honestly want to be that inspiration for them all and I know I have been to a few so I trek on year after year.
So that's what I think my blog is mainly going to be about. The things I do for teaching and my reflection on how it works and also maybe some personal ramblings about me. So be patient with me as I figure this blogging thing out.