Friday, July 6, 2012

Call me, maybe

So my parents don't usually make a big effort to come and see me much throughout the year. I don't take offense. I see them at Open House and when I ask them to come see me. That's good enough I guess.  Anyway, I was trying to think of a good way to communicate with them this coming year. I've noticed that many of them are so preoccupied with their phone when they do come in.  They all have cell phones and love to text (like my students! and me). I started a googlevoice number today. It was super easy to start and the best part....IT'S FREE! So I'm going to visitaprint and making business cards with my googlevoice number so they can call or text when needed.  It rings to my current cell and if by any chance I get a nutty parent or student, it's just a quick delete button to end the craziness. I'm hoping to never have to do that but ya never know. I'll let you know how it works.Google Voice!

No comments:

Post a Comment